Printer Friendly Version
Recommended Course Sequence
|Business: Entrepreneurship Certificate
Total Units: 12
Catalog rights may apply, see a counselor for more information.
The Entrepreneurship Program Certificate of Achievement is designed to provide students of any discipline with the tools and skills required to organize and plan their own business launch. The one-semester program was constructed as an add-on to many existing certificates when the completer wishes to use their educational knowledge to establish their own business venture.
More information about the Business Administration programs can be found at the Business Administration website.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Students who complete this program should be able to:
- Design and develop a strategic business and marketing plan that can be used to prepare a new business launch, to achieve entry into new markets, or to change and grow an existing business.
- Develop an understanding of how to grow and nurture the business through effective brand building, financial management and resource allocation, and embracing change and uncertainty for competitive advantage
- Demonstrate a working fluency of socially responsible and sustainable business practices
- Acquire tools for assessing product and market fit including understanding target markets and market segmentation and performing effective industry and competitive analyses
- Gain a better understanding of themselves as entrepreneurs including their motivations, roles, creative abilities, and communication skills
Recommended Sequence of Courses
Students interested in a suggested order for taking classes in this program, please view the recommended course sequence.
The requirements for the Business: Entrepreneurship Certificate program are:
Complete 12 units from
- Entrepreneurship Program Requirements
- Entrepreneurship Program Course Electives
|Entrepreneurship Program Requirements - complete 9.00 units|
|BMG 100||Entrepreneurial Business Plan||3.00|
|BMG 103||Communications for Start-Ups||1.50|
|BMG 104||Innovation, Creativity, and Change||1.50|
|Entrepreneurship Program Course Electives - complete 3.00 units|
|Complete any combination totaling at least 3.00 units from the following:|
|BBK 53.1||QuickBooks Level 1||1.50|
|BMG 55||Business Management Accounting||3.00|
|BMG 66.1||Excellence in Organizational Decision Making||1.00|
|BMG 66.3||Financial Basics||1.00|
|BMG 66.4||Project Management||1.00|
|BMG 105||Ethics, Responsibility, and Sustainability||1.50|
The requirements for this program of study are effective beginning the semester shown above. If you began working on this program before the effective semester, you may not be affected by the changes. Consult with the program contact person or the department chair to determine your eligibility to complete the program under previous requirements.
Course Prerequisites and Advisories:
Courses in a program of study may have prerequisites or advisories;
that is, courses that must or should be completed before taking that course.
Please check for prerequisites or advisories by clicking on the course numbers
in the Program Requirements section.