This program is currently inactive. Catalog rights may apply, see a counselor for more information.
The Administrative Support 2 Certificate of Achievement prepares the student to perform advanced word processing and spreadsheet functions, to create slide presentations, to use database software, and to perform office skills using critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Typical duties include applying the efficient use of technology and interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills to increase productivity
This certificate is the advanced level of the Administrative Support 1 Skills Certificate. Completion of the Administrative Support 1 Skills Certificate fulfills a portion of the Administrative Support 2 Certificate of Achievement.
The role of office support involves proficiency using computers and computer programs, outstanding organizational and communication skills, versatility, teamwork, and problem solving. Employment opportunities are widely available. Educational emphasis is placed on skills and competency levels rather than job titles.
More information about the Business Administration programs can be found at the Business Administration Department website.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this certificate, the student will be able to:
Recommended Sequence of Courses
- Use correct grammar, punctuation, spelling, and vocabulary as expected in business writing, formal reports, and marketing materials;
- assess and recognize an audience in order to develop appropriate communications both orally and in writing that are sensitive to the audience's needs, values, and point of view;
- classify and manage electronic files and computerized records, apply basic alphabetic filing rules, select equipment and supplies, and generate meaningful reports;
- send and receive e-mail and manage schedule, contacts, notes, journal entries, and tasks with Outlook;
- create and compose an array of business documents using MS Word by utilizing a variety of word processing features and advanced functions;
- create, edit, format, and organize Excel worksheets, apply formulas and manipulate cell data, and work with large and multi-sheet workbooks;
- compose, edit, and create effective PowerPoint presentations; and
- input numbers rapidly and accurately by touch.
Students interested in a suggested order for taking classes in this program, please view the recommended course sequence.
The requirements for the Administrative Support II Certificate program are:
Complete 21.5 units from
- Administrative Support 2 Requirements
|Administrative Support 2 Requirements - complete 21.50 units
|Business English Grammar
|Practical Business Math Skills
|Self-Paced 10-Key Numeric Keypad
|Office Communication & Interpersonal Skills
|Business Records Skills, Part 1
|Job Seeking Skills For Office Professionals
|Organize Your Office Filing Systems
|Microsoft Word, Part 1
|Microsoft Word, Part 2
|Microsoft Excel, Part 1
|Microsoft Excel, Part 2
|Microsoft PowerPoint, Part 1
|Microsoft Access, Part 1
The requirements for this program of study are effective beginning the semester shown above. If you began working on this program before the effective semester, you may not be affected by the changes. Consult with the program contact person or the department chair to determine your eligibility to complete the program under previous requirements.