The requirements for this program of study are effective beginning the semester shown above. If you began working on this program before the effective semester, you may not be affected by the changes. Consult with the program contact person or the department chair to determine your eligibility to complete the program under previous requirements.
Associate Degree Requirements:
The major is one of several requirements students need to fulfill in order to be awarded the Associate Degree, the highest level of academic achievement recognized by Santa Rosa Junior College. Please note that all of the following requirements must be met in order for the degree to be conferred:
For all students admitted for the Fall 2009 term or any term thereafter,
a grade of "C" or better, or "P" if the course is taken on a pass/no pass basis,
is required for each course applied toward the major.
Upon successful completion of this program, the student will be able to:
See the state issued Transfer Model Curriculum (TMC) template for any further clarification regarding program requirements.
The Associate in Science for Transfer in Business Administration 2.0 degree will provide
students with the lower division course work to successfully prepare for upper division work. This degree is designed to provide a clear and seamless pathway to a CSU major and baccalaureate degree. California Community College students who are awarded an AS-T degree are guaranteed admission with junior standing somewhere in the CSU system. This priority does not guarantee admission to specific majors or campuses. Current and prospective community college students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to develop an educational plan that best meets their goals and needs.
Students will have to fulfill the following requirements to earn this degree.
- Completion of 60 semester units that are eligible for transfer to the California State University, including both of the following:
a) The Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) or the California State University General Education-Breadth requirements; and
b) A minimum of 27 semester units as required for the Associate in Science for Transfer in Business Administration major.
- Obtainment of an overall minimum grade point average of 2.0.
- Earn a grade of C or better (or P for passing) in all courses required for the Associate in Science for Transfer in Business Administration major.
- Satisfy the educational requirements necessary to successfully pursue a baccalaureate degree in Business Administration.
- Demonstrate analytical, critical thinking, and decision-making skills required to succeed in a business context.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the complex nature of business in a diverse global economy with the integration of ethics and social responsibility.
- Integrate knowledge of the elements of American business and economic principles including accounting, law, management, marketing, and human relations in organizations.