The requirements for this program of study are effective beginning the semester shown above. If you began working on this program before the effective semester, you may not be affected by the changes. Consult with the program contact person or the department chair to determine your eligibility to complete the program under previous requirements.
As of December 2016, not all required courses are being offered. Please consult a counselor or program coordinator for more information.
The Solar Photovoltaics Certificate of Achievement prepares the student for work in the residential and commercial solar industry. This program emphasizes the integration of practical and theoretical knowledge in photovoltaic technologies so that the student can advance in this fast-evolving field.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this certificate, the student will be able to:
- Apply the knowledge of photovoltaic module characteristics, specifications, and response to the sun to photovoltaic system design and installation;
- conduct a solar site evaluation for installation of a photovoltaic system;
- optimally size utility interactive and off-grid photovoltaic systems to electrical demand;
- perform a basic NEC code compliant PV array installation;and
- work safely with photovoltaics.
Recommended Sequence of Courses
Students interested in a suggested order for taking classes in this program, please view the recommended course sequence.