Printer Friendly Version
Recommended Course Sequence
|Business: Marketing Certificate
Total Units: 12
Business: Marketing Certificate of Achievement prepares students to get an internship or entry level marketing position with a local business or non-profit, prepare for further marketing studies at a four-year college, improve marketing skills in their current job, or successfully market their own business.
Upon successful completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- Design and develop a strategic marketing plan that can be used to launch a new business, enter new markets, or grow an existing business or nonprofit;
- Understand how to use a broad range of marketing tactics to build and promote a successful business or nonprofit;
- relate current trends, buying behaviors, and social responsibility to effective market planning functions within an organization. And
- Demonstrate specific marketable skills such as advertising campaign development, basic graphic design competency, or spreadsheet usage that will enhance business success and employment opportunities.
The requirements for the Business: Marketing Certificate program are:
Complete 12 units from
- Business: Marketing Requirements
|Business: Marketing Requirements - complete 12.00 units
|Advertising, Branding, & Digital Marketing
|Introduction to Public Relations
|Complete any combination totaling at least 3.00 units from the following:
|Beginning Digital Photography
|Introduction to Solving Business Problems With Spreadsheets
|Digital Marketing Tools
|Web Development 1
|Adobe Photoshop 1
|Adobe Illustrator 1
|Adobe InDesign 1
|Introduction to Typography and Letterforms
|Introduction to Graphic Design
|Principles of Layout and Design
|Introduction to Digital Filmmaking
The requirements for this program of study are effective beginning the semester shown above. If you began working on this program before the effective semester, you may not be affected by the changes. Consult with the program contact person or the department chair to determine your eligibility to complete the program under previous requirements.
Course Prerequisites and Advisories:
Courses in a program of study may have prerequisites or advisories;
that is, courses that must or should be completed before taking that course.
Please check for prerequisites or advisories by clicking on the course numbers
in the Program Requirements section.
It is important that students who are completing an Associate Degree and desire to transfer to a four-year institution meet with a counselor to plan their lower division coursework. While many majors at SRJC are intended to align with lower division major preparation required by California public universities, specific lower-division major requirements vary among individual campuses. See a counselor, visit the Transfer Center, and check Guides For Transfer in Specific Majors, and ASSIST to review transfer preparation guides for specific schools and majors.
Upon completion of the Marketing Certificate, students are encouraged to seek out internships through SRJC’s Work Experience department.