Printer Friendly Version
Recommended Course Sequence
|Computer Studies: Game Development (AS)
Total Units: 25
The Game Development major provides a course of study that prepares students to transfer to a four-year degree program focusing on the design and programming of interactive computer games and leading to a career in the game development industry. The Game Development major focuses on computer programming, mathematics, and game design and programming.
Upon successful completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- Apply systems-level thinking and abstraction in the context of interactive computational media.
- Recognize and understand the social, legal, ethical, and cultural issues in the discipline of computer games.
- Demonstrate knowledge of visual interaction design and artistic practices in domains involving playful interactions.
- Demonstrate written and oral communication skills regarding technical and analytical consideration of computer games.
- Design a technical system that achieves creative goals for audience experience in computational media.
- Demonstrate the ability collectively plan, organize, and execute complex, team-oriented projects, using appropriate communication and coordination techniques.
The requirements for the Computer Studies: Game Development (AS) program are:
Complete 25 units from
- Computer Studies: Game Development Core Requirements
- Information Learning Resources Requirement
|Computer Studies: Game Development Core Requirements - complete 24.00 units|
|CS 40||History of Games||3.00|
|CS 41||Game Design||4.00|
|CS 42||Introduction to Game Coding||4.00|
|GD 90||Designing the User Experience||3.00|
|Complete any combination totaling at least 10.00 units from the following:|
|APTECH 43||Computer Modeling and Animation with 3ds Max||3.00|
|CS 10A||Introduction to Programming Concepts and Methodologies||4.00|
|CS 10B||Programming Concepts and Methodologies 1||4.00|
|CS 17.11||Java Programming||3.00|
|CS 50A||Web Development 1||3.00|
|CS 74.11||Introduction to Digital Media||3.00|
|GD 51||Introduction to Graphic Design||3.00|
|Information Learning Resources Requirement - complete 1.00 units|
|LIR 10||Introduction to Information Literacy||1.00|
The requirements for this program of study are effective beginning the semester shown above. If you began working on this program before the effective semester, you may not be affected by the changes. Consult with the program contact person or the department chair to determine your eligibility to complete the program under previous requirements.
Associate Degree Requirements:
The major is one of several requirements students need to fulfill in order to be awarded the Associate Degree, the highest level of academic achievement recognized by Santa Rosa Junior College. Please note that all of the following requirements must be met in order for the degree to be conferred:
For all students admitted for the Fall 2009 term or any term thereafter,
a grade of "C" or better, or "P" if the course is taken on a pass/no pass basis,
is required for each course applied toward the major.
Course Prerequisites and Advisories:
Courses in a program of study may have prerequisites or advisories;
that is, courses that must or should be completed before taking that course.
Please check for prerequisites or advisories by clicking on the course numbers
in the Program Requirements section.