The requirements for this program of study are effective beginning the semester shown above. If you began working on this program before the effective semester, you may not be affected by the changes. Consult with the program contact person or the department chair to determine your eligibility to complete the program under previous requirements.
Within every organization, at least one employee is responsible for the Human Resources activities. The Human Resource Administration Certificate of Achievement program of study provides students with the opportunity to gain skills that can be applied to any organization. These involve compliance with employment law when maintaining personnel files, tracking employee leaves, administering employee benefits, administering and regulating salaries, and maintaining payroll. Students learn how to handle confidential information and sensitive situations.
Upon successful completion of this program, the student will be able to:
The goal of the program is provide students with a rigorous preparation for a career in Human Resources, with entry at the technical or administrative level of the human resources profession, with skills for promotional or job enrichment opportunities at the management level of the profession.
- Interpret and apply employment laws in a variety of complex human resource situations;
- Demonstrate competency in specific human resource administrative responsibilities in the areas of hiring, salary administration, benefits administration, and records administration;
- Apply necessary skills required for managing the complex human interactions and communications that take place in organizations; and
- Demonstrate an understanding of the strategic role of human resource management in a modern organizational setting; and
- Demonstrate the technical skills needed in the human resources field.