The Interactive Media Design Certificate of Achievement provides students with the knowledge and skills to generate and manipulate graphics, animations, sound, text and video into consolidated and seamless multimedia presentations for use in developing products or creations such as advanced business presentations and performance pieces, video games, movies, music videos, commercials, CD-ROMs, DVDs, touch screen computer kiosks, and web-based rich media.
The demand for individuals with multi-media design skills to produce rich media content is growing because increasingly more business and companies are hiring designers to create rich media content for employee training, on websites for sales and promotion, and for information and presentations.
These positions are found not only in web design companies but also in brick and mortar companies of all kinds that need people who can produce in-house the kinds of CDs, videos, sales and promotional and employee training rich media content that is rapidly becoming the standard in industry.
Regardless of whether the trend is to outsource or produce in house the rich media content required to develop presentations of all types, most companies are developing content non-textually to meet 21st century information needs.
This program of study is also available as an Associate degree major option. For more information, see the Computer and Information Sciences website.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this certificate, the student will be able to:
- Complete professional projects, products, and other assignments in applications such as Dreamweaver, Flash, Photoshop, Illustrator, and various other video editing and web-design software applications;
- demonstrate analytical, critical thinking and decision-making skills as they apply to interactive media design;
- integrate knowledge of the principles and standards of rich-media design and demonstrate this in professional projects and assignments that rely on software, programming and markup language expertise; and
- complete professional projects, products, and other assignments in applications such as Dreamweaver, Flash, Photoshop, Illustrator, and various other video editing and web-design software applications.
The requirements for the Digital Media: Interactive Multimedia Certificate program are:
Complete 35 units from
- Interactive Media Design Requirements
|Interactive Media Design Requirements - complete 35.00 units|
|APGR 72||Principles of Screen Design||1.50|
|ART 3||Introduction to Art and Design||3.00|
|CS 50.11A||Creating Webpages Using HTML and CSS 1||1.50|
|CS 50.11B||Creating Webpages Using HTML & CSS 2||1.50|
|CS 50.11C||Introduction to Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)||3.00|
|CIS 58.62A||Dreamweaver, Beginning||1.50|
|CIS 58.62B||Dreamweaver, Intermediate||1.50|
|CS 70.11A||Adobe Photoshop 1||3.00|
|CS 71.11A||Adobe Illustrator 1||1.50|
|CS 74.11||Introduction to Digital Media||3.00|
|CS 74.21A||Digital Video Post Production Techniques 1||1.50|
|CS 74.21B||Digital Video Post Production Techniques 2||1.50|
|CS 74.31A||Intro to Web-Based Animation with Flash||3.00|
|CS 74.31B||Intermediate Concepts and Action Scripting with Flash||3.00|
|CS 50.32||The Business of Website Production||4.00|
|CS 99I||Computer Studies Occupational Work Experience Intern||0.50-8.00|
The requirements for this program of study are effective beginning the semester shown above. If you began working on this program before the effective semester, you may not be affected by the changes. Consult with the program contact person or the department chair to determine your eligibility to complete the program under previous requirements.