Printer Friendly Version
Recommended Course Sequence
|Adult Ed: Fire Resilient Landscaping Certificate
Total Hours: 40
The Adult Ed: Fire Resilient Landscaping Certificate of Completion includes a sequence of courses that introduce students to residential and commercial landscape and building maintenance practices that reduce risk of structure loss during wildfire and guide safe and effective post-fire mitigation and clean-up.
Upon successful completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- Explain how buildings ignite during a wildfire;
- Discuss the prioritization and importance of various structure hardening and defensible space activities;
- Safely perform a variety of fire risk reduction and mitigation activities using appropriate tools and techniques;
- Demonstrate an understanding of safety in the workplace;
The requirements for the Adult Ed: Fire Resilient Landscaping Certificate program are:
Complete requirements from
- Adult Ed: Fire Resilient Landscaping
|Adult Ed: Fire Resilient Landscaping - complete 40 hours
|OSHA 10 Certification Preparation
|Fire Resilient Landscaping
The requirements for this program of study are effective beginning the semester shown above. If you began working on this program before the effective semester, you may not be affected by the changes. Consult with the program contact person or the department chair to determine your eligibility to complete the program under previous requirements.
Course Prerequisites and Advisories:
Courses in a program of study may have prerequisites or advisories;
that is, courses that must or should be completed before taking that course.
Please check for prerequisites or advisories by clicking on the course numbers
in the Program Requirements section.