Printer Friendly Version
Recommended Course Sequence
|Adult Ed: Introduction to Landscaping III: Fire Abatement and Prevention Certificate
Total Hours: 104
The Adult Ed: Introduction to Landscaping III: Fire Abatement and Prevention Certificate of Completion includes a sequence of courses that provide a foundational understanding of fire behavior, fire prevention regulations include standards and enforcement, and fire prevention techniques in relation to landscape and plant materials around residential and commercial properties. Students will learn and practice how to safely prune and maintain trees as part of fire prevention.
Upon successful completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- Explain how fire moves through a landscape.
- Discuss how vegetation management can isolate fires or slow their spread through a property.
- Safely and effectively prune and train a variety of trees and shrubs common in Sonoma County and California.
- Demonstrate an understanding of safety in the workplace.
- Effectively use terminology to explain tasks, materials, and standards in the industry.
The requirements for the Adult Ed: Introduction to Landscaping III: Fire Abatement and Prevention Certificate program are:
Complete requirements from
- Adult Ed Introduction to Landscaping III Requirements
|Adult Ed Introduction to Landscaping III Requirements - complete 104 hours|
|ADLTED 748.3||Introduction to Vegetation Management for Fire Prevention||24.00|
|ADLTED 748.4||Introduction to Tree Maintenance and Pruning||24.00|
|ADLTED 748.6||Landscape Equipment Operations||48.00|
|Complete 1 course from below:|
|ADLTED 740||OSHA 10 Certification Preparation||12.00|
|ADLTED 741||Forklift Operation--Sitting and Standing||8.00|
|ADLTED 749.1||OSHA 30--Construction Industry Procedures||60.00|
|ADLTED 749.2||OSHA 30--General Industry Procedures||36.00|