Printer Friendly Version
Recommended Course Sequence
|Basic Academic Skills Certificate
Total Hours: 0
The Certificate of Completion in Basic Academic Skills provides basic math, reading, writing, and technology skills to prepare students for the developmental level credit program at Santa Rosa Junior college and for the workplace.
Upon successful completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- Solve multi-step numerical and word math problems ranging from basic operations through beginning concepts in geometry and algebra;
- at the collegiate level, identify and summarize the main ideas and important details in short (1-2 page) reading selections, including fiction, essays, newspaper articles, material from textbooks, and informational websites;
- at the pre-collegiate level, prepare for and write a clear and coherent 1-2 page essay that addresses a given topic;
- proofread for and apply basic rules of Edited American English, including capitalization, punctuation, sentence construction and grammar;
- prepare for and apply appropriate test-taking strategies to standardized tests such as the GED, English and Math Placement Tests and occupational skills tests; and
- use SRJC online systems and resources such as counseling to identify an educational goal and enroll in appropriate credit classes.
The requirements for the Basic Academic Skills Certificate program are:
Complete requirements from
- Non-Credit Basic Academic Skills Requirements
|Non-Credit Basic Academic Skills Requirements - complete 0 hours|
|CSKLS 731||Academic Skills I||350.00|
|CSKLS 732||Academic Skills II||350.00|
|CSKLS 733||Academic Skills III||350.00|
The requirements for this program of study are effective beginning the semester shown above. If you began working on this program before the effective semester, you may not be affected by the changes. Consult with the program contact person or the department chair to determine your eligibility to complete the program under previous requirements.
Course Prerequisites and Advisories:
Courses in a program of study may have prerequisites or advisories;
that is, courses that must or should be completed before taking that course.
Please check for prerequisites or advisories by clicking on the course numbers
in the Program Requirements section.
It is important that students who are completing an Associate Degree and desire to transfer to a four-year institution meet with a counselor to plan their lower division coursework. While many majors at SRJC are intended to align with lower division major preparation required by California public universities, specific lower-division major requirements vary among individual campuses. See a counselor, visit the Transfer Center, and check Guides For Transfer in Specific Majors, and ASSIST to review transfer preparation guides for specific schools and majors.
3 courses needed for this certificate
Required Courses: CSKLS 731, CSKLS 732, CSKLS 733