The Digital Media: Web and Multimedia Certificate of Achievement provides students with the knowledge and skills to generate and manipulate graphics, animations, sound, text and video into consolidated and seamless website and multimedia presentations.
Upon successful completion of this program, the student will be able to:
This program stresses the practical application of multimedia development skills in real life projects. Student projects focus on collaborative efforts to create content for non-profit organizations in Sonoma County. The ability to work in a group, communicate with a client, resolve problems, meet deadlines, and understand the content development cycle is just as important as understanding the software and programming aspects of multimedia. This hands-on approach ensures that as students complete the program, they will have practical experience, as well as finished multimedia projects to feature in an electronic portfolio.
A successful Web and Multimedia Developer exhibits strong work ethics, high standards, patience, strong people skills, and an attention to detail.
Job titles include: Web Multimedia Specialist, Interactive Designer, User-interface Designer, UIX Specialist, Multimedia Content Creator.
This program of study is also available as an Associate degree major option.
- Complete professional projects, products, and other assignments using industry-standard web and multimedia applications.
- Demonstrate analytical, critical thinking and decision-making skills as they apply to web and multimedia design.
- Understand, apply, and integrate knowledge of the principles and standards of web and digital media design and demonstrate this in professional projects and assignments that rely on best design practices, software, programming and markup language expertise
The requirements for the Digital Media: Web and Multimedia Certificate program are:
Complete 25 units from
- Web Development Core Requirements
- Web and Multimedia Emphasis Requirements
|Web Development Core Requirements - complete 12.00 units|
|CS 50A||Web Development 1||3.00|
|CS 50B||Web Development 2||3.00|
|CS 57.11||Introduction to Social Media||3.00|
|Web and Multimedia Emphasis Requirements - complete 13.00 units|
|CS 50.32||Web and Digital Media Projects||4.00|
|CS 70.11A||Adobe Photoshop 1||3.00|
|CS 74.11||Introduction to Digital Media||3.00|
|CS 74.21A||Digital Video Post-Production Techniques 1||1.50|
|CS 74.21B||Digital Video Post-Production Techniques 2||1.50|
The requirements for this program of study are effective beginning the semester shown above. If you began working on this program before the effective semester, you may not be affected by the changes. Consult with the program contact person or the department chair to determine your eligibility to complete the program under previous requirements.