Printer Friendly Version
Recommended Course Sequence
|Computer Studies: Adobe Applications Specialist Certificate
Total Units: 15
The Computer Studies: Adobe Applications Specialist Certificate of Achievement provides an overview of Adobe's professional level graphics and page-layout programs, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. This certificate will support individuals applying for new jobs as well as those currently employed.
Upon successful completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in image editing skills using Photoshop;
- Demonstrate proficiency in vector skills using Illustrator;
- Demonstrate proficiency in desktop publishing skills using InDesign; and
- Use critical thinking skills to formulate, apply and integrate assets in a workflow environment for PDF, screen or web using Adobe Creative Suite software.
The requirements for the Computer Studies: Adobe Applications Specialist Certificate program are:
Complete 15 units from
- Adobe Applications Specialist Requirements
|Adobe Applications Specialist Requirements - complete 15.00 units
|Adobe Photoshop 1
|Adobe Illustrator 1
|Adobe InDesign 1
|Complete any combination totaling at least 6.00 units from the following:
|Adobe Photoshop 2
|Adobe InDesign 2
|Design Techniques in Illustrator
The requirements for this program of study are effective beginning the semester shown above. If you began working on this program before the effective semester, you may not be affected by the changes. Consult with the program contact person or the department chair to determine your eligibility to complete the program under previous requirements.
Course Prerequisites and Advisories:
Courses in a program of study may have prerequisites or advisories;
that is, courses that must or should be completed before taking that course.
Please check for prerequisites or advisories by clicking on the course numbers
in the Program Requirements section.