The requirements for this program of study are effective beginning the semester shown above. If you began working on this program before the effective semester, you may not be affected by the changes. Consult with the program contact person or the department chair to determine your eligibility to complete the program under previous requirements.
Associate Degree Requirements:
The major is one of several requirements students need to fulfill in order to be awarded the Associate Degree, the highest level of academic achievement recognized by Santa Rosa Junior College. Please note that all of the following requirements must be met in order for the degree to be conferred:
For all students admitted for the Fall 2009 term or any term thereafter,
a grade of "C" or better, or "P" if the course is taken on a pass/no pass basis,
is required for each course applied toward the major.
The Yoga: 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training Skills Certificate fulfills the requirements of the Yoga Alliance 200-hour Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT 200) which serves as the minimum credential required by many employers of yoga teachers. This program covers yoga techniques including postures, breathing exercises, and meditation; teaching methodology, anatomy and physiology, philosophy, business aspects of yoga, and ethics.
Upon successful completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate correct technique in yoga practices including asanas (postures), pranayamas (breathing practices), and meditation.
- Develop a personal teaching style that includes effective class management, communication, and addresses multi-level needs and special populations within a group setting.
- Apply principles of human anatomy, physiology and energy anatomy to yoga practices.
- Analyze yoga philosophy, values and ethics through yogic texts, and incorporate them into yoga practices.
- Design and execute, as a lead teacher or assistant, safe and effective yoga sequences and classes.
The requirements for the Yoga: 200-Hour Teacher Training program are:
Complete 9.5 units from
- Yoga 200-Hour Teacher Training Requirements
|Yoga 200-Hour Teacher Training Requirements - complete 9.50 units|
|KINES 70||Yoga Techniques, Training, and Practice I||3.00|
|KINES 71||Yoga Techniques, Training, and Practice II||2.00|
|KINES 72||Yoga Teaching Methodology||1.00|
|KINES 73||Anatomy and Physiology for Yoga Teachers||1.00|
|KINES 74||Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle, and Ethics||1.50|
|Complete any combination totaling at least 1.00 units from the following:|
|KINES 50.2||Yoga Teaching Practicum||1.00|
|WEOC 99I||Internship Occupational Work Experience||1.00|