The requirements for this program of study are effective beginning the semester shown above. If you began working on this program before the effective semester, you may not be affected by the changes. Consult with the program contact person or the department chair to determine your eligibility to complete the program under previous requirements.
Associate Degree Requirements:
The major is one of several requirements students need to fulfill in order to be awarded the Associate Degree, the highest level of academic achievement recognized by Santa Rosa Junior College. Please note that all of the following requirements must be met in order for the degree to be conferred:
For all students admitted for the Fall 2009 term or any term thereafter,
a grade of "C" or better, or "P" if the course is taken on a pass/no pass basis,
is required for each course applied toward the major.
The Game Development major provides a course of study that prepares students to transfer to a four-year degree program focusing on the design and programming of interactive computer games and leading to a career in the game development industry. The Game Development major focuses on computer programming, mathematics, and game design and programming.
Upon successful completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- Apply systems-level thinking and abstraction in the context of interactive computational media.
- Recognize and understand the social, legal, ethical, and cultural issues in the discipline of computer games.
- Demonstrate knowledge of visual interaction design and artistic practices in domains involving playful interactions.
- Demonstrate written and oral communication skills regarding technical and analytical consideration of computer games.
- Design a technical system that achieves creative goals for audience experience in computational media.
- Demonstrate the ability collectively plan, organize, and execute complex, teamoriented projects, using appropriate communication and coordination techniques.