The requirements for this program of study are effective beginning the semester shown above. If you began working on this program before the effective semester, you may not be affected by the changes. Consult with the program contact person or the department chair to determine your eligibility to complete the program under previous requirements.
Associate Degree Requirements:
The major is one of several requirements students need to fulfill in order to be awarded the Associate Degree, the highest level of academic achievement recognized by Santa Rosa Junior College. Please note that all of the following requirements must be met in order for the degree to be conferred:
For all students admitted for the Fall 2009 term or any term thereafter,
a grade of "C" or better, or "P" if the course is taken on a pass/no pass basis,
is required for each course applied toward the major.
Upon successful completion of this program, the student will be able to:
See the state issued Transfer Model Curriculum (TMC) template for any further clarification regarding program requirements.
The Associate in Arts for Transfer in Economics will prepare and guide students seeking a bachelor’s degree in Economics and will fulfill the lower division requirements for that degree.
The Associate in Arts for Transfer in Economics for Transfer degree is designed to provide a clear pathway to a CSU major and baccalaureate degree. California Community College students who are awarded an ADT are guaranteed admission with junior standing somewhere in the CSU system. This priority does not guarantee admission to specific majors or campuses. Current and prospective community college students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to develop an educational plan that best meets their goals and needs.
Students will have to fulfill the following requirements to earn this degree.
(1) Complete 60 semester units that are eligible for transfer to the California State University, including both of the following:
(A) The Inter-segmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) or the California State University General Education-Breadth requirements; and
(B) A minimum of 26-28 semester units as required by SRJC for the Associate in Arts Degree in Economics for Transfer major.
(2) Obtain an overall minimum grade point average of 2.0
(3) Earn a grade of C or better in all courses required for the Associate in Arts for Transfer in Economics major.
- Apply economic theories and economic reasoning to real life situations using the concepts of scarcity, marginal analysis, opportunity cost for individual and collective decision-making;
- use analytical techniques to measure economic conditions related to the individual, business firms, industries, and economic systems;
- explain the role that households, business organizations, governments, and the international sector, play in free markets, command economics, and mixed economies; and
- evaluate the objectives, limitations, and mechanics of regulation, taxation, tariffs, quotas, and monetary and fiscal policies.