The requirements for this program of study are effective beginning the semester shown above. If you began working on this program before the effective semester, you may not be affected by the changes. Consult with the program contact person or the department chair to determine your eligibility to complete the program under previous requirements.
The Restaurant Management Certificate of Achievement program is designed to train individuals in all aspects of restaurant management. Successful students will be prepared to work in a variety of managerial roles in restaurants, hotels, catering companies and other similar food service businesses. Students will complete an internship at a local restaurant after successfully completing all coursework.
This program of study is also available as an Associate degree major option.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this certificate, the student will be able to:
Recommended Sequence of Courses
- Employ proper restaurant management to ensure compliance with safety and
- use basic math skills to accomplish cash management, labor, and food costing;;
- develop employee professionalism in a restaurant setting;
- apply federal and state wage and labor laws;
- employ industry standards relating to service, sales, and alcoholic beverage
- apply human resource principles to hire, and manage a front house staff; and
- employ the diversity of cultural influences and values related to a professional
Students interested in a suggested order for taking classes in this program, please view the recommended course sequence.