Printer Friendly Version    Evaluation Worksheet   

Culinary Arts: Dining Room Service Certificate Culinary Arts Total Units: 4.5
A newer version of this program is available. View the latest version here.

Catalog rights may apply, see a counselor for more information.

Term Effective: Fall 1981


The Culinary Arts Dining Room Service Skills Certificate program was created in response to the Sonoma County restaurant industry's pressing need for properly trained guest service staff. This certificate will provide short-term intensive training to equip students with skills including table service, banquet service, wine service, food and wine pairing, host/hostess duties, point of sale system, and maintenance of front house operations.

For more information, see the Culinary Arts website.

Program Requirements:

The requirements for the Culinary Arts: Dining Room Service Certificate program are:

  • Complete 4.5 units from
    • Culinary Arts: Dining Room Service

Culinary Arts: Dining Room Service - complete 4.50 units

Term Effective: Fall 1981

The requirements for this program of study are effective beginning the semester shown above. If you began working on this program before the effective semester, you may not be affected by the changes. Consult with the program contact person or the department chair to determine your eligibility to complete the program under previous requirements.

Term Inactive: Summer 2006

Course Prerequisites and Advisories:

Courses in a program of study may have prerequisites or advisories; that is, courses that must or should be completed before taking that course. Please check for prerequisites or advisories by clicking on the course numbers in the Program Requirements section.

It is important that students who are completing an Associate Degree and desire to transfer to a four-year institution meet with a counselor to plan their lower division coursework. While many majors at SRJC are intended to align with lower division major preparation required by California public universities, specific lower-division major requirements vary among individual campuses. See a counselor, visit the Transfer Center, and check Guides For Transfer in Specific Majors, and ASSIST to review transfer preparation guides for specific schools and majors.


A certificate will be granted upon completion of the required course with a grade of "C" or better.

Phone Email Website
(707) 527-4591