Printer Friendly Version
Recommended Course Sequence
|Computer Studies: Adobe Certification Training in InDesign Certificate
Total Units: 7
The Computer Studies: Adobe Certification Training in InDesign Skills Certificate provides a course of study that will prepare the computer user to master skills needed to prepare desktop publishing projects using InDesign. Students will also be prepared to pass the Adobe InDesign industry certification test. Successful completion of the test will indicate a particular depth and breadth of desktop publishing skills and will enhance the recipient's value in the job market.
Upon successful completion of this program, the student will be able to:
InDesign is one of the most widely used Desktop Publishing programs used by graphic designers, publishers and companies for production of catalogs, brochures, newsletters and other printed materials. The ability to use InDesign will greatly enhance a student's ability to find employment in public relations, communications, graphic design, and printing occupations.
- Create a variety of desktop publishing documents that exhibit the full feature set of InDesign skills from beginning to advanced levels;
- Demonstrate the knowledge necessary to complete the studies for the Adobe Certified Expert industry exam in Adobe InDesign;
- Use critical thinking skills to design a multi-document workflow environment for print;
- Use critical thinking skills to formulate, apply, and integrate assets in a workflow environment for PDF, screen or web using Adobe Creative
Suite software; and
- Use current technology to develop a collaborative work environment, share files, manage developmental versions, set up review cycles and interact
in real-time virtual meetings.
The requirements for the Computer Studies: Adobe Certification Training in InDesign Certificate program are:
Complete 7 units from
- Adobe Certification Training in InDesign Requirements
|Adobe Certification Training in InDesign Requirements - complete 7.00 units|
|CS 72.11A||Adobe InDesign 1||3.00|
|CS 72.11B||Adobe InDesign 2||4.00|
The requirements for this program of study are effective beginning the semester shown above. If you began working on this program before the effective semester, you may not be affected by the changes. Consult with the program contact person or the department chair to determine your eligibility to complete the program under previous requirements.
Course Prerequisites and Advisories:
Courses in a program of study may have prerequisites or advisories;
that is, courses that must or should be completed before taking that course.
Please check for prerequisites or advisories by clicking on the course numbers
in the Program Requirements section.
It is important that students who are completing an Associate Degree and desire to transfer to a four-year institution meet with a counselor to plan their lower division coursework. While many majors at SRJC are intended to align with lower division major preparation required by California public universities, specific lower-division major requirements vary among individual campuses. See a counselor, visit the Transfer Center, and check Guides For Transfer in Specific Majors, and ASSIST to review transfer preparation guides for specific schools and majors.
The certificate will be awarded upon fulfillment of the 10 units of requirements with a grade of "C" or better.