The student will:
1. Identify sanitation and safety issues relating to quickbreads.
2. Explain function of ingredients and effects on final product.
3. Use chemical leavening agents properly
4. Use scales and measure properly.
5. Figure volume and weight equivalencies.
6. Identify ingredients common to quickbreads
7. Define and identify quickbreads.
8. Prepare a variety of quickbreads, including muffins, biscuits, tea
loaves, scones, coffee cakes, popovers, and crepes.
9. Identify and use the following mixing methods: biscuit method, muffin
method and creaming method.
10. Identify and use methods for consistent quantity production of
11. Identify the stages at which quickbreads can be held for later use.
12. Identify and remedy quickbread faults.
13. Evaluate quality of baked products.
14. Cost out products baked in class.
1. Application of measures, including conversion, equivalencies, and
2. Daily baking assignments
3. Complete costing sheets
4. Evaluate quality of baked products
|Writing: Assessment tools that demonstrate writing skill and/or require students to select, organize and explain ideas in writing.||Writing
0 - 0%
|This is a degree applicable course but assessment tools based on writing are not included because problem solving assessments and skill demonstrations are more appropriate for this course.
|Problem solving: Assessment tools, other than exams, that demonstrate competence in computational or non-computational problem solving skills.||Problem Solving
5 - 10%
|Lab reports, Quizzes, Exams, Recipe conversions.||
|Skill Demonstrations: All skill-based and physical demonstrations used for assessment purposes including skill performance exams.||Skill Demonstrations
40 - 70%
|Class performances, Performance exams||
|Exams: All forms of formal testing, other than skill performance exams.||Exams
15 - 25%
|Multiple choice, True/false, Matching items, Completion, Short answer.||
|Other: Includes any assessment tools that do not logically fit into the above categories.||Other Category
5 - 10%
Instructor prepared recipes and handouts.