The student will demonstrate:
1. Ability to work with FreeHand's tools and palettes.
2. Ability to create color designs (spot and 4-color process).
3. Ability to manipulate digitized images and fine tune typesetting.
4. Ability to create working files for service bureau output.
Systematic exploration of the program as it relates to the graphic design
1. Overview of FreeHand's tool and palettes. Customizing preferences
2. Text features: colored and patterned type, type on a path, converting
type to paths.
3. Type refinements: kerning, tracking and hyphenation, paragraph
formatting, tabs, and paragraph rules.
4. Importing graphics: scanning, compatible graphics formats, trouble-
5. Combining text and graphics, paste inside, text wrap.
6. Manipulating imported graphics: contrast, color, shade.
7. Overview of color: applying color, color systems, matching systems
8. Using spot color in documents.
9. Creating process color documents.
10. Process color separating: creating and proofing.
11. Preflighting files for service bureau output.
|Writing: Assessment tools that demonstrate writing skill and/or require students to select, organize and explain ideas in writing.||Writing
0 - 0%
|This is a degree applicable course but assessment tools based on writing are not included because problem solving assessments and skill demonstrations are more appropriate for this course.
|Problem solving: Assessment tools, other than exams, that demonstrate competence in computational or non-computational problem solving skills.||Problem Solving
10 - 30%
|Quizzes, Exams, PROJECTS||
|Skill Demonstrations: All skill-based and physical demonstrations used for assessment purposes including skill performance exams.||Skill Demonstrations
20 - 80%
|Exams: All forms of formal testing, other than skill performance exams.||Exams
10 - 20%
|Multiple choice, Completion, IN-CLASS PRACTICUMS||
|Other: Includes any assessment tools that do not logically fit into the above categories.||Other Category
0 - 0%
"Real World FreeHand" by Olav Martin Kvern Peachpit 1994