The requirements for this program of study are effective beginning the semester shown above. If you began working on this program before the effective semester, you may not be affected by the changes. Consult with the program contact person or the department chair to determine your eligibility to complete the program under previous requirements.
Associate Degree Requirements:
The major is one of several requirements students need to fulfill in order to be awarded the Associate Degree, the highest level of academic achievement recognized by Santa Rosa Junior College. Please note that all of the following requirements must be met in order for the degree to be conferred:
For all students admitted for the Fall 2009 term or any term thereafter,
a grade of "C" or better, or "P" if the course is taken on a pass/no pass basis,
is required for each course applied toward the major.
The Business: Real Estate major will provide students the opportunity to obtain entry-level positions and build their career within the area of real estate. Students will complete courses that meet continuing education requirements for the State of California's Real Estate Salesperson license and that are approved as an education requirement for both the State of California's Broker's license and California Appraiser Qualifications Board Exam. Students will benefit by the additional option of having a real estate major reflected on their Associate Degree.
Upon successful completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- Apply an in-depth knowledge of California Real estate principles and laws to successfully complete licensure requirements for licensee and broker;
- satisfy Department of Real Estate and Office of Real Estate Appraisers educational requirements for state licensing;
- apply necessary skills required for marketing and negotiating real estate transaction;
- demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and ethically with the principals involved in a real property transaction; and
- interpret and apply California real estate laws to a variety of real property transactions.