The requirements for this program of study are effective beginning the semester shown above. If you began working on this program before the effective semester, you may not be affected by the changes. Consult with the program contact person or the department chair to determine your eligibility to complete the program under previous requirements.
Upon successful completion of this program, the student will be able to:
The Hospitality Management: Meeting and Event Planning Certificate offers students the opportunity to expand their skills and knowledge in a growing industry that includes meeting, wedding, and conference planning, in addition to hosting and organizing various special events.
- Describe effective customer service and be able to meet and exceed guest expectations in any hospitality industry environment through the concept of anticipating a guest’s needs.
- Demonstrate the knowledge needed to be a supervisor and the ability to use management skills resulting in an ethical and productive work environment, as well as describe an ongoing personal professional development plan.
- Identify specific job titles within the hospitality, food service, and tourism industries and describe the responsibilities of the positions as well as the outlook for future job growth.
- Demonstrate the ability to use various technologies, systems, and computer applications for the hospitality industry.
- Analyze the interdependence of various tourism sectors on a local, national, and global scale when faced with industry issues.