The requirements for this program of study are effective beginning the semester shown above. If you began working on this program before the effective semester, you may not be affected by the changes. Consult with the program contact person or the department chair to determine your eligibility to complete the program under previous requirements.
The Business: Banking and Lending Certificate of Achievement qualifies students for employment as Loan Processor, Loan Analyst, Credit Analyst, Loan Underwriter, Commercial Servicing Specialist, Commercial Operations Specialist, and related occupations in both the consumer and commercial banking and lending fields. The certificate also serves as a pathway to employment as a loan officer, with additional education/training and work experience.
Upon successful completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- Process and analyze complex financial statements, tax schedules, and related loan documents; analyze and project cash flows, calculate common financial, debt to income, and loan-to-value ratios in order to make well-informed lending recommendations.
- Analyze customers’ credit worthiness; explain and interpret FICO scores and credit reports from major credit reporting bureaus.
- Explain common bank/lending institution business services and operations, including consumer and commercial lending procedures.
- Explain and ensure compliance with complex banking and SBA lending regulations, “Banker’s Alphabet” and other fair lending laws, and ethics of banking.
- Exhibit excellent soft skills including verbal and written communication, customer service skills, effective team work, effective time management, and ability to work under strict deadlines.