The requirements for this program of study are effective beginning the semester shown above. If you began working on this program before the effective semester, you may not be affected by the changes. Consult with the program contact person or the department chair to determine your eligibility to complete the program under previous requirements.
The Computer Studies: Adobe Certification Training in InDesign Skills Certificate provides a course of study that will prepare the computer user to master skills needed to prepare desktop publishing projects using InDesign. Students will also be prepared to pass the Adobe InDesign industry certification test. Successful completion of the test will indicate a particular depth and breadth of desktop publishing skills and will enhance the recipient's value in the job market.
Upon successful completion of this program, the student will be able to:
InDesign is one of the most widely used Desktop Publishing programs used by graphic designers, publishers and companies for production of catalogs, brochures, newsletters and other printed materials. The ability to use InDesign will greatly enhance a student's ability to find employment in public relations, communications, graphic design, and printing occupations.
- Create a variety of desktop publishing documents that exhibit the full feature set of InDesign skills from beginning to advanced levels;
- Demonstrate the knowledge necessary to complete the studies for the Adobe Certified Expert industry exam in Adobe InDesign;
- Use critical thinking skills to design a multi-document workflow environment for print;
- Use critical thinking skills to formulate, apply, and integrate assets in a workflow environment for PDF, screen or web using Adobe Creative
Suite software; and
- Use current technology to develop a collaborative work environment, share files, manage developmental versions, set up review cycles and interact
in real-time virtual meetings.