Printer Friendly Version
Recommended Course Sequence
|Computer Studies: Adobe Certification Training in Photoshop Certificate
Total Units: 13
This program is currently inactive. Catalog rights may apply, see a counselor for more information.
The Computer Studies: Adobe Certification Training in Photoshop Skills Certificate provides a course of study in the graphics program, Photoshop. This program of study helps prepare the student to take the Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) and Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) industry exams for Photoshop.
Upon successful completion of this program, the student will be able to:
A Photoshop ACA has earned a certification that validates entry-level skills in visual communication. A Photoshop ACE has earned a certification that validates expert-level skills. Both certifications indicate a significant depth and breadth of Photoshop knowledge and experience and enhance the recipients' value in the job market.
These digital media skills are applicable to many careers including photographer, digital art, web page designer, desktop publishing, and video producer.
- Create and edit complex digital images using basic through advanced Photoshop features;
- use critical thinking skills to evaluate an image, develop a strategy to repair and/or enhance it, and make the appropriate adjustments;
- demonstrate the knowledge necessary to pass the Adobe Certified Associate exam and complete the studies to pass the Adobe Certified Expert exam; and
- perform the Photoshop skills essential to a career in photography, digital art, desktop publishing, or Web page design.
The requirements for the Computer Studies: Adobe Certification Training in Photoshop Certificate program are:
Complete 13 units from
- Adobe Certification Training in Photoshop Requirements
|Adobe Certification Training in Photoshop Requirements - complete 13.00 units|
|CS 70.11A||Adobe Photoshop 1||3.00|
|CS 70.11B||Adobe Photoshop 2||3.00|
|CS 70.12||Photoshop Advanced Concepts||4.00|
|CS 70.13||Image Correction and Restoration with Adobe Photoshop||3.00|
The requirements for this program of study are effective beginning the semester shown above. If you began working on this program before the effective semester, you may not be affected by the changes. Consult with the program contact person or the department chair to determine your eligibility to complete the program under previous requirements.
Course Prerequisites and Advisories:
Courses in a program of study may have prerequisites or advisories;
that is, courses that must or should be completed before taking that course.
Please check for prerequisites or advisories by clicking on the course numbers
in the Program Requirements section.