At the conclusion of this course, the student should be able to:
1. Create an effective presentation.
2. Add, edit, and format textual information.
3. Add, edit, and format visual elements.
4. Modify and format slides and presentations.
5. Add graphic elements.
6. Utilize a variety of online and digital resources to enrich presentations.
I. Overview of a PowerPoint Presentation
A. Create a new presentation
B. Edit a presentation in normal view
C. Add graphics (photos, icons, charts) to a presentation
D. Print and view a presentation using various modes
E. Edit an existing presentation
F. Use slide sorter view
G. Apply slide transitions
II. Format PowerPoint Presentations
A. Format numbered and bulleted lists
B. Insert online pictures (explore graphic resources and archives)
C. Insert text boxes and shapes
D. Format objects shapes
E. Remove picture backgrounds
F. Insert and format a WordArt object
G. Create and format a SmartArt graphic
III. Enhance a Presentation with Visual Elements such as: Animation, Video, Tables, and Charts
A. Customize side backgrounds and themes
B. Animate a slide show
C. Insert a video
D. Create and modify tables
E. Insert and modify charts
F. Insert interactive features (links, buttons, animations)
IV. Create Templates and Review, Publish, Compare, Combine, and Protect Presentations
A. Create a custom template by modifying slide masters
B. Apply a custom template to a presentation
C. Create and edit comments
D. Compare and combine presentations
E. Prepare a presentation for distribution
F. Project a presentation
G. Develop a collaborative presentation with a team (share, link, and invite)
1. Reading in textbook or provided resources usually aligned with a related written assignment - see below (approximately 20 pages per week).
2. Written assignments (200-500 words), may include:
C. Responses to readings or in-class presentations
3. Regular quizzes related to tools and software.
4. Regular practice exercises demonstrating skill performance.
5. Presentations related to given real-world problems.
1. Major project(s) demonstrating skills and real-world problem solving (1-2).
2. Final exam.
Microsoft PowerPoint Best Practices, Tips and Techniques: An indispensable guide to mastering PowerPoint's advanced tools to create engaging presentations. Bosse, Chantal. Packt Publishing. 2023.