Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Apply principles of design and typography to practical design
2. Create working files from film for film production in a manner
acceptable to a high quality printer.
4. Utilize digital color comping techniques for professional
5. Plan graphic design projects using the four color printing process.
6. Compile job production specifications for an offset printer.
1. Introduction to Intermediate Graphic Design & Production
2. Packaging design - Intro to project
3. Dielines: how to create in Illustrator
4. Practical printing concerns for packaging
5. Typographic concerns for packaging
6. Building good mock-ups
7. Marketing concerns of packaging
8. Wine label design - Intro to project
9. Typography for wine label design
10. Special printing techniques
11. Creating effective wine label mock-ups
12. Marketing in the wine business
13. CD promotional design: Intro to project
14. Typography and the music business
15. Practical printing concerns for CD's
16. Marketing in the music industry
17. Secrets of design: Draftsmanship
18. The evolution of ideas
19. Secrets of design: Pagecraft
20. Seven pillars of design
|Writing: Assessment tools that demonstrate writing skill and/or require students to select, organize and explain ideas in writing.||Writing
0 - 0%
|This is a degree applicable course but assessment tools based on writing are not included because problem solving assessments and skill demonstrations are more appropriate for this course.
|Problem solving: Assessment tools, other than exams, that demonstrate competence in computational or non-computational problem solving skills.||Problem Solving
20 - 50%
|Skill Demonstrations: All skill-based and physical demonstrations used for assessment purposes including skill performance exams.||Skill Demonstrations
10 - 50%
|Class performances, PROJECTS||
|Exams: All forms of formal testing, other than skill performance exams.||Exams
10 - 20%
|Other: Includes any assessment tools that do not logically fit into the above categories.||Other Category
10 - 30%
|PORTFOLIO AND GROUP PRESENTATION.||
Instructor prepared materials.