The primary objective of this course is to provide students with the
knowledge and skills that will help them make lifetime fitness a part
of their life style. At the completion of this course the student will
have the opportunity to:
1. Evaluate the benefits of water exercise.
2. Analyze cardiorespiratorty conditioning and endurance.
3. Compare water resistance exercise.
4. Design a personal exercise program.
I. Repetitive exercise to improve strength, endurance,flexibility and
A. Exercises for muscle groups of the
1. Arms,shoulders,chest and back
2. Waist,abdominals,lower back
II. Cardiovascular Activities
1. Walk,jog,run,leap,hop skip,slide
2. Deep water exercise
3. Rhythmic calisthenics
A. Fitness components:
2. Work-out formula - warm-up - work load - cool down
3. Stair-step progression(overload-adaptation)
4. Heart rate in relation to exercise target zone
|Writing: Assessment tools that demonstrate writing skill and/or require students to select, organize and explain ideas in writing.||Writing
0 - 0%
|Problem solving: Assessment tools, other than exams, that demonstrate competence in computational or non-computational problem solving skills.||Problem Solving
0 - 0%
|Skill Demonstrations: All skill-based and physical demonstrations used for assessment purposes including skill performance exams.||Skill Demonstrations
20 - 40%
|Class performances, Performance exams, SKILL EXAMS||
|Exams: All forms of formal testing, other than skill performance exams.||Exams
20 - 40%
|Other: Includes any assessment tools that do not logically fit into the above categories.||Other Category
40 - 60%