The student will be able to:
1. Evaluate career fields while working on volunteer jobs.
2. Investigate volunteer activities applicable to their chosen career
3. Validate volunteer experience through written learning objectives.
4. Develop skills, attitudes, and work habits that are transferable to
other work or volunteer positions.
5. Summarize multiple benefits of community service activities.
6. Appraise applicable experience pertaining to college entrance
1. Examining career fields.
a. Research career fields
b. Improve competencies
c. Study career ladders.
2. Choosing experience applicable to their chosen field.
a. Identify relationship between volunteer position and chosen career
b. Develop a list of individual skill sets
c. Screen, interview and select a volunteer agency
3. Validating experience.
a. Establish learning objectives that:
1. Summarize what is to be achieved
2. Identify how objectives will be met
3. Define standards for measurement
4. Set a completion date.
4. Developing skills, attitudes, and work habits that are transferable.
a. Compose a list of transferable job skills, attitudes, and work
b. Utilize classroom learning
5. Identifying multiple benefits of community service activities.
a. Develop and submit a written list of benefits obtained from the
b. Illustrate relationship of volunteer activity and educational
6. Validating applicable experiences pertaining to college entrance
a. Identify relationship between volunteer experience and program
b. Identify relationship between volunteer experience and 4-year
college entrance requirements.
|Writing: Assessment tools that demonstrate writing skill and/or require students to select, organize and explain ideas in writing.||Writing
30 - 75%
|Problem solving: Assessment tools, other than exams, that demonstrate competence in computational or non-computational problem solving skills.||Problem Solving
10 - 30%
|Skill Demonstrations: All skill-based and physical demonstrations used for assessment purposes including skill performance exams.||Skill Demonstrations
5 - 30%
|Field work, Demonstrate through completion of objectives.||
|Exams: All forms of formal testing, other than skill performance exams.||Exams
0 - 0%
|Other: Includes any assessment tools that do not logically fit into the above categories.||Other Category
0 - 0%
|STUDENT REPORT, EVALUATION OF OBJECTIVES, AND VERIFICATION OF TIME SHEET||
Instructor generated materials.