The requirements for this program of study are effective beginning the semester shown above. If you began working on this program before the effective semester, you may not be affected by the changes. Consult with the program contact person or the department chair to determine your eligibility to complete the program under previous requirements.
Associate Degree Requirements:
The major is one of several requirements students need to fulfill in order to be awarded the Associate Degree, the highest level of academic achievement recognized by Santa Rosa Junior College. Please note that all of the following requirements must be met in order for the degree to be conferred:
For all students admitted for the Fall 2009 term or any term thereafter,
a grade of "C" or better, or "P" if the course is taken on a pass/no pass basis,
is required for each course applied toward the major.
The Computer Studies: Adobe Photoshop Entry Level Skills Certificate provides an entry level course of study in Adobe Photoshop. This course of study helps prepare the student to take the Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) industry-standard exam in Adobe Photoshop.
Upon successful completion of this program, the student will be able to:
A Photoshop ACA has earned a certification that validates entry-level skills in visual communication, for careers including, but not limited to, marketing, Web development, photography, digital media, and graphic design. It indicates an intermediate level of depth and breadth of Photoshop knowledge and experience and enhances the recipients' value in the job market.
- Utilize intermediate-level features of Adobe Photoshop, including the correct usage of layer, vector, and clipping masks;
- Create and edit complex digital images using basic through intermediate Photoshop features;
- Use critical thinking skills to evaluate an image, develop a strategy to repair and/or enhance it, and make the appropriate adjustments;
- Demonstrate the knowledge necessary to pass the Adobe Certified Associate exam;
- Perform the Photoshop skills essential to an entry-level position in photography, digital art, desktop publishing, or Web page design.