The requirements for this program of study are effective beginning the semester shown above. If you began working on this program before the effective semester, you may not be affected by the changes. Consult with the program contact person or the department chair to determine your eligibility to complete the program under previous requirements.
Associate Degree Requirements:
The major is one of several requirements students need to fulfill in order to be awarded the Associate Degree, the highest level of academic achievement recognized by Santa Rosa Junior College. Please note that all of the following requirements must be met in order for the degree to be conferred:
For all students admitted for the Fall 2009 term or any term thereafter,
a grade of "C" or better, or "P" if the course is taken on a pass/no pass basis,
is required for each course applied toward the major.
Art - effective Fall 2020
Art - effective Fall 2019
Art - effective Fall 2018
Art - effective Fall 2017
Art - effective Summer 2012
Art - effective Summer 2010
Art - effective Summer 2006
Art - effective Fall 2002
Upon successful completion of this program, the student will be able to:
Students intending to transfer to CSU may also be interested in the Studio Arts AA-T.
The Art major is designed for students who are pursuing transfer majors in the fine arts, including Painting and Drawing, Printmaking, Graphic Design, Digital Arts, Photography, Ceramics, Sculpture, and related disciplines.
- Synthesize and apply visual principles in creating works of art;
- articulate perception and awareness of fine art and applied design concept;
- develop a vocabulary to discuss art in aesthetic terms;
- demonstrate skills in visual analysis by identifying specific formal elements in works of art;
- demonstrate appropriate use of art tools, materials and processes;
- achieve greater awareness of global and cultural traditions; and
- create a portfolio of fine art and designs.