The requirements for this program of study are effective beginning the semester shown above. If you began working on this program before the effective semester, you may not be affected by the changes. Consult with the program contact person or the department chair to determine your eligibility to complete the program under previous requirements.
The Culinary Arts: Restaurant Management Certificate of Achievement program is designed to train individuals in all aspects of restaurant management. Successful students will be prepared to work in a variety of managerial roles in restaurants, hotels, catering companies and other similar food service businesses. Students will complete an internship at a local restaurant after successfully completing all coursework.
Upon successful completion of this program, the student will be able to:
This program of study is also available as an Associate degree major option.
- Employ proper restaurant operations procedures to ensure compliance with safety and
- Use basic math skills to accomplish cash management, labor, and food and beverage costing;
- Develop employee professionalism in a restaurant setting;
- Implement industry-standard human resource practices conforming to federal and state wage and labor laws;
- Employ industry standards relating to service, sales, and alcoholic beverage service;
- Apply human resource principles to manage a restaurant staff; and
- Employ the diversity of cultural influences and values related to a professional culinary environment.